Saturday, January 30, 2010

Even Percy tried to wake him up!



So, after crying and crying during our trip to the park, Emmit fell asleep after returning home and getting some dinner. This was perfect for us, as Kevin and I had been praying for a trip to Chiso, our favorite sushi restaurant. I had not had a spicy tuna roll in 10 months. Anyways, Emmitt fell asleep, slept through the entire meal, all the way home, and proceeded to sleep for 4 more hours straight. We tried to wake the little bugger up but he held fast to his dream state. Not even a bath would wake him up. These are pictures of him sleeping through everything we could think of the wake him. Now that I think about it Emmitt was much the same in the womb. Emmitt would sometimes go hours without moving. I would push his little bum (always sticking up in my ribs) and shake my belly with no results. Always leaving me feeling worried. I guess the little guy likes his sleep. My friend Jacie thinks he was to busy sleeping to leave the womb. Guess we'll see if the sleepy baby acts sticks around or if Emmitt decides to wake up and shake up our lives a bit more. For now what could be sweeter than a sleeping baby.




Not even a bath could wake him.

Okay, not SO bad to snuggle for 4 hours with a sleeping, warm, sweet baby.

First trip to the park. We saw a seal playing in the sound. Emmitt did seem to like the moby wrap and took a little nap. I think he thought he was back in the womb.

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree, there is nothing better than a baby fast asleep next to you...I still love it! It looks like Emmitt is a sleeper, I am shocked that a bath did not wake him, Harrison hated to be naked for the first 7 months of his life...you are sooo lucky! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SUCH a beauty! I love his precious little face !!! Thank you for sharing Emmitt's life with us--I look forward to hear and see all about the mighty adventures of Emmitt and his trusty sidekick, Percival RRRRRRRR. Jackson :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable, no doubt about that. And you and Kevin look good as well=)Thank you for posting, it is kinda like I get to visit for 5 minutes with you guys....

    ReplyDelete